In order to expedite the processing of passport applications, the Embassy of India would like to request all applicants who are applying for issue of fresh passport or renewal, and wish to send the hard copy of the application form and the supporting documents, through post to the Embassy, are requested to kindly first send a scanned copy of all the documents by email at the following email id in the Embassy:firstname.lastname@example.org sending the same by post.
On receipt of the message, the Embassy will scrutinize the documents and then notify the applicant whether the documents are in order or additional documents are required. Thereafter, all documents along with the old passport may kindly be sent to the Embassy by post for processing.
TRACKING ONLINE PASSPORT APPLICATION
- Please visit the given link https://portal3.passportindia.gov.in/Online/index.html
- Pleaseclick on Track status.
- Please enter following details
- Application Reference Number (ARN)
- Date of Birth in DD/MM/YYYY format
- Enter the characters (captcha) displayed
- Please click on Track Application Status
The following status will be displayed depending on the processing stage of passport application:
- Passport application has been submitted-when the applicant submits his passport application online.
- Passport application has been submitted along with fees (if applicable) and supporting documents- when the passport application is registered by the Mission.
- Passport application is under review at Indian Embassy/Consulate- the application is under process.
- Your passport has been printed and being forwarded to Embassy/Consulate. The Embassy/Consulate will contact you once they receive the passport for dispatch.
On display of above status (at Sl. No.4), the fresh/reissued passport may be expected in 10-15 working days at Embassy of India, Oslo. The Mission will notify the applicant via e-mail/call to collect passport at Embassy of India, Oslo or the same will be posted to the applicant, if a self-addressed registered envelope has been submitted along with the application form.
PROCESSING TIME FOR PASSPORTS APPLICATIONS
(Processing time does not include time taken by postal service)
Eligible Applicants can doonline registrationfor applying for Passport and other services.UseInternet ExplorerBrowser for doing Online Registration.
Steps to be followed:
Openhttps://portal3.passportindia.gov.in/Online/index.htmlon internet; Register by clicking on"Register"Link. Select "Norway-Oslo" in the box against Indian Mission;
Login with the registered login ID and Password on"User Login"link
In the Applicant Home Page, click on"Apply for Ordinary Passportlink to file a new application.
After filling up online application, a print-out / hard copy of the application along with the self-attested copies of all requisite documents (as mentioned in the checklist given below) is required to be submitted directly at the Embassy or sent through registered post. Submission of application at the Embassy requires prior appointment. Request for appointment can be sent via email (email@example.com).
Checklist for Passport RenewalChecklist for Fresh Passport for New BornChecklist for New passport in lieu of lost/damaged passportApplications sent through Post
Contact Posten regarding the amount of stamps to be affixed on the self addressed return envelope depending on its size for registered post. Embassy will not be responsible if the Posten refuses to take return envelopes as registered post with the given stamps and accepts as ordinary post. In this case, the return envelopes would be sent as ordinary post without confirming with the applicants.
Duly filled in application with all the relevant documents should be sent at:
Embassy of India
Niels Juels Gate 30
NorwayIf applicant wants to get his/her passport back by post, a self-addressed registered envelope (with adequate amount of stamps) should be attached with the application. Contact Posten regarding the amount of stamps to be affixed on the envelope.
Please note that Embassy of India, Oslo will not be responsible for any kind of postal loss/delay or damages.
Mode of payment
- Debit card – Debit cards issued by Norwegian Banks bearing the sign “BankAxept”.
- Online bank transfer – You can pay online and attach online transaction receipt along with the application. For more details please visit
The photo specifications to the applicants applying for Indian passport
Photograph Guidance for Applicants
* The image should be 2 inches by 2 inches
* Photo should not be older than 6 months
* The image must have adequate brightness and contrast
* The skin tone should be natural. In case of over exposure or under-exposure of the photo, the skin is either too dark or too light, photo will not be acceptable
* It should show a close up of the head and (partial) shoulders
* The image should be straight looking, centered with neutral expression
* Face should be in sharp focus and clear with no ink marks/creases/lines
* The face (from forehead edge to bottom of chin) should be 70 to 80% of the photo or one inch height
* The eyes must be open and no hair obscuring the face
* Prescription glasses if worn should be clear and thin framed and should not have flash reflection or obscure the eyes
* Head coverings, hair, head-dress or facial ornaments should not obscure the face
* The photo must have plain light background
* There must be no other people or object in the photo
* The lighting must be uniform with no shadows or the face or behind
* Red eye photos are not allowed
* No lines are allowed
General Information for Passport Applicants
- The validity of a passport cannot be extended beyond the date of its final validity. An application for reissuing a passport has to be submitted in the prescribed form along with the old passport and a copy thereof.
- A separate passport must be obtained by every individual. A child's name can no longer be endorsed on a parent's passport.
- One recent photograph (5.1x5.1cm) showing frontal view of full face against light background in civilian clothes taken in a studio (Polaroid photographs and photographs with dark glasses or uniforms are not accepted) should be submitted along with the application. Please do not sign on any photograph and paste the photograph on application itself.
- Minors are issued passports for 5 years or up to attaining 18 years, whichever is earlier.
- Applicants are advised to ensure that their application in the prescribed format is complete in all respects; that all columns are correctly and legibly filled up and no column is left blank or unfilled or vaguely filled with a dash, tick, etc. All signatures in the application should be with a ballpoint pen.
- It is an offence under the Passport Act 1967 to furnish false information in the application. Passport facilities could be denied on grounds of suppression of material information, submission of incorrect particulars, willful damage/loss of passport or for unauthorized change/tampering. The Passport can be impounded or revoked for violation of one or more of the provisions of the Passport Act.
- It is an offence to hold more than one valid passport at a time.
- A passport expired more than six months back should be supported by a Sworn Affidavit explaining the circumstances and spelling out the reasons for late submission.
- For change of address, please attach documentary evidence such as tax receipt, electricity/telephone bill, Election ID card, Aadhar Card, Passbook of nationalized bank or Nativity Certificate issued by the Competent Authority of the State concerned in India.
- Indian citizens acquiring citizenship/passport of another country should immediately surrender their Indian Passport to the Indian Embassy.
- There is no Tatkaal Service for issue of passport.
Change of Name:
Before change of name/surname, in the passport, the intention to change has first to be advertised in two prominent daily newspaper, in India to be circulated in the area of your permanent and present residence. Original newspaper clippings and a Court Order issued by a judicial officer not below the rank of First Class Magistrate in India or a duly notarized affidavit by the applicant are required to be submitted. (All other requirements are same as for the renewal of passport)
Change of name / surname after marriage
For change of surname, consequent to marriage/divorce, duly completed Passport Application Form along with original and a copy of divorce/marriage certificate, written application for such change should be submitted. (All other requirements are same as for the renewal of passport)
All documents/certificates issued by any foreign authority/government (other than Government of India) will be accepted only if they are apostilled